Interesting Stuff on the Web
- Whistleblowers: Software Bug Keeping Hundreds Of Inmates In Arizona Prisons Beyond Release Dates
In 2019, senate bill 1310 was signed, allowing certain inmates of non-violence offenses to earn additional release credits. However, the software used by the correction facilities, presently unable to account for that change.
- Researchers looking for mRNA were ridiculed by colleagues. Luckily, that didn’t stop them.
The stories and struggles of some amazing researchers in paving the way to our understanding of mRNA. It was not an easy journey. Fundings were lacking. Their efforts were mocked. Their findings were met by skepticism. Now mRNA vaccine might help us out of this COVID-19 pandemic.
- Sisi Lain Eduard Douwes Dekker: Pejabat yang Tak Pernah "Blusukan"
Eduard Douwes Dekker menjabat asisten Residen Lebak kurang dari 3 bulan saja. Karena ketidakpahammnya pada adat setempat, ia menuduh Bupati Lebak telah menyalahgunakan kekuasaannya. Gubernur Jendral Hindia memutasinya ke Ngawi, namun ia memilih untuk mengundurkan diri. Empat tahun berselang ia menerbitkan karyanya "Max Havelaar" dibawah nama Multatuli.
- Citibank just got a $500 million lesson in the importance of UI design
Citibank sent out almost $900 million to the creditors, due to a confusing UI design. The judge ruled that the creditors don't have to wire back the money, because it was considered an early loan repayment.
- Always Bet on Text (2014)
Text is a powerful and flexible medium of communication. It can convey ideas with a precisely controlled level of ambiguity and precision.
- Done Answering Questions Stack Overflow
Gregg Tavares spent the last 9 years answering questions on StackOverflow. He had over 1900 answers on that site. Yet, some moderators think that the links he'd been leaving are considered spam.
- "Normal Baru" – Muhamad Wahyudi
Saat pandemi berakhir, akankah kita kembali ke kehidupan kita yang semula?
- Cerita Tentang Hari-Hari Sebelum Hari Ini
Perjalanan batin seorang perempuan Aceh. Bagaimana perasaan terisolir karena konflik senjata yang ia alami semasa kanak-kanak kini bertransformasi dalam wujud yang lain.
- The World's Most Dangerous Journey?
The Darién Gap is a remote area between Colombia and Panama. Trechourus rivers, a dense rainforest, venomous snakes, drug traffickers. It's a dangerous place to cross. But many immigrants traverse this lawless land to reach for the United States in hope of a better life.